Saturday, December 6, 2008

when in Greenville

Tonight Greenville had their annual Christmas parade. I have never been and I've lived here for a few years. Don't you find that most of the time you take for granted the things in your hometown? One of my friends lives downtown and she invited me over for hot chocolate, snacking and the parade. It was absolutely freezing outside and the last thing I wanted to do was leave her house and walk to Main Street but we bundled up and took our hot chocolate with us. The parade was so much fun. Greenville did such a good job of organizing and most of the floats were fantastic. My favorite float was that of Bob Jones University. It just looked so pretty and there were several little kids on it singing. I didn't realize children attended BJU. They must be smart kiddos. The weirdest float of the night was something about a rapping elf. He was middle-aged and dressed up similar to an elf with sunglasses and "chains". The float looked completely ghetto and they were playing ghetto rap music. How did those people get into the lineup?? Of course I do love a good marching band so seeing all of the bankds come through was fantastic. Mandie and I shook are booties. The night was freezing but made warm with good company, hot chocolate and a good ol' fashioned parade. It makes me appreciate where I live even more.

On a side note, Tim and I are going to see a boxer/lab puppy tomorrow afternoon. I don't know what will happen but she is really cute in the picture. So...we'll see. We may have a sister for Flash tomorrow! I hope he's ready to be a big brother.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps BJU has a K-12 school as well? Silly girl. Update me on how the doggie visit went.

    ReplyDelete