Friday, September 19, 2008

luau, karaoke & some breeze

Thursday evening was my sister-in-laws bachelorette party. It was planned by the maid of honor, my other sister-in law and she did a fantastic job. We started at Seaworld for the luau at the Seafare Inn. There were kahunas waiting to greet us with leis of course and the always present photo op with one of the island girls. Our table was front and center with Tabitha at the front of the table with her Bachelorette sash and Bride-to-Be tiara :) I absolutely loved the fire-breathing dancers. They were awesome! The Polynesian girl dancers were amazing as well. I would love to be able to move my hips that way. At about midway through the show the show started to become interactive. Tabitha was asked to come up on stage and we didn't want her to have to go up by herself so all of us learned some movements and had the opportunity to go up on stage and move our arms around in a very uncoordinate manner. But it was such a blast! The food was great too. Mahi-mahi, ribs, chicken & rice...mmm.

We thought the night may have been over but our waiter told us about a karaoke bar in CityWalk. We certainly couldn't pass THAT up! I have never been to CityWalk and it was a lot of fun just walking around. People watching is so interesting and not in a creepy, stalker way. I was really surprised at the karaoke bar. There was a huge stage with backup singers and a real band! The place was nice, not your normal run of the mill cheesey bar that stinks of smoke and other unpleasant odors. None of us were brave enough to go on stage alone but we all couldn't agree on one song so we watched other brave souls and sang along with them. Most everyone that got up on stage sounded decent and I would never make fun of them because I wouldn't want to be laughed at if I was up there. We heard Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard about 3 or 4 times.

The bride-to-be started to get tired at around 10pm and not all of us were done for the night so a few of us headed over to Bahama Breeze where my brother-in-law works and hung out till around 2am. I have not been out that late in a very long time and it was fun! Plus with the hook-up of a brother-in-law there's the benefit of free stuff which we took advantage of ;)

All in all it was a great night. I got to hang out with my younger sister-in-law which I dont get to do very often and she made me feel young again so I'm thankful for fun moments with family.

2 comments:

  1. congrats to the fitch family on a new marriage. fun times! wishing orlando was closer so i could visit with my favorite fitches....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love citywalk! We went to Orlando for our honeymoon last September and tore up the Nascar cafe, then I went back in April with friends and at the hard rock. That place is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete