Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Skinny Fitch

I have to admit that when I came up with the title while folding copious amounts of laundry I laughed out loud. There's no one around except the dog to hear me laugh either and he would laugh but he's a dog so he sneezed instead. I went ahead and took the liberty to interpret the sneeze as a laugh.

Recent trips to a dressing room and my own closet have proven torturous. Checking out how my rear looks in the mirror is a serious mistake and that's only if I can get to that point. Most pants or skirts stop at mid-thigh while I huff and puff and pull. This results in a lot of sweat, tears, cussing and holding on to the wall so I don't fall on my face. I've decided it's time to try and lose some weight. About five years ago I became obsessed, lost a lot of weight and had killer arms. I'm not so sure that I want to go all crazy like that again. My lazy gene is not recessive. I would like to healthily lose weight though.

Day 1:
9am - protein shake
10am - cup of coffee (cream and splenda)
11am - cup of coffee (cream and splenda)
1pm - chicken, beans, tomatoes and cheese
The afternoon is the worst time for me. I become hungry and weakness starts to take over. I try nuts but unfortunately they're not covered in chocolate
3pm - 1 oreo
3:05 - 1 oreo
3:30 - piece of dark chocolate bar
4:00 - 1 oreo
4:05 - self loathing
4:10 - insulting an innocent, unsuspecting bystander
The rest of the day proves to be successful and the self loathing has worked.

On to day 2. Hopefully the Oreo's will be gone.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. There are just so many things you can do with your last name.

    Oh, and I love oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I feel your pain! My husband and I are trying to get back in shape, but danged if I don't bake cookies every day! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete