Sunday, November 2, 2008

rewind

Focusing this morning in church was very hard. There were three sisters sitting in the pew in front of us, all different ages. As they all filtered in the youngest one was trying to move spots and I don't know where she exactly wanted to go but her older sisters blocked her from going anywhere. This made her quite angry and she began saying over and over again "but mom said I could". After she still wasn't getting her way she started pinching her sisters extremely hard on the arms. Of course this just made the whole process more entertaining. The two older ones started whispering in each other's ears making the younger one even angrier. As we're singing a hymn I'm just laughing. Then, about 5 minutes later the little one had her head on the middle sister's shoulder.

The whole experience took me back to my childhood. I saw me and my sisters at those ages, hating each other then loving each other and going through it all over again in repeat fashion. I don't remember Liz being much of an instigator but Leah and I went at it all of the time. She would quietly aggravate me and would push me to the point of screaming at her, much like the pinching the younger sister was doing in church this morning. My parents never saw the "pinching" but only heard the yelling so guess who got in trouble...moi.

There are a multitude of acts I'm not proud of when it came to my sisters, but I'm not closer to anyone than them. It gives me great hope that those three sisters I observed this morning will grow up to be the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment