Saturday, January 1, 2011

Unique

Buying presents is not a strong suit of mine.  This is why I avoid it at all costs.  Rarely will you receive a gift from yours truly.  Reasons for this are:  I don't like shopping and I don't pay close enough attention to what people like.  This being said I actually did make an effort this Christmas to find unique and special gifts to the best of my ability.  I succeeded with some and failed with others but overall I'm quite happy.  As long as I'm happy... ;)


There was one gift I received that was particularly unique and it's most definitely my favorite.  Nobody else should take offense.  Once I explain the gift you'll agree with me.  My sister Liz sent me a necklace.  And not just any necklace.  Each piece this lady makes is completely different...almost.  Each unique in its own way.  All of the sisters now have one and although I have one color and they each have a different there is one distinct piece that is exactly the same.  Liz told us we are to think of her when we see or wear the piece as it symbolizes our connection to each other even though we are apart.  


The thoughtfulness of this symbol as sisters of course made me cry and I'll wear it with just about any color even if it doesn't match 100% but now I'll be on the lookout for clothes specifically for the necklace.   And just in case you'd like to help me in my quest below is a picture so you know what color clothes to buy me.  


I can't tell you how many times I think of my sisters throughout the day.  Technically I could count but I won't.  It may nauseate you.  We miss each other a great deal and this makes me feel closer to them as odd as that may sound.  I can only hope we'll see each other soon.  I love you Liz and Leah!



The piece on the lower left with the flower design is what we all have in our necklaces

2 comments: