Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Y-Town Visit

Per my last post you are aware Tim and I traveled to Ohio/Pennsylvania for Grandma Fitch's passing.  As I predicted, her life was remembered with great fondness and insurmountable love.  Grace Fitch was truly an amazing woman and a quiet inspiration.  Despite the circumstances surrounding our visit we had a good time with Tim's family and even saw family I've never even met!



This is the Williams crew.  In the middle are Uncle Dick & Aunt Jean (who is Tim's dad's sister).  The 3 on the left are Mike, Karla and their daughter Clarisse and the 4 on the right are Kevin, Janet, Chad and Karen.  They're all a lot of fun.


Uncle Chuck & Aunt Kathy.  Uncle Chuck is one of the brothers.


All of the siblings.  Rick, Tim (father-in-law), Jean & Chuck


All of us except Grandpa.  He was understandably exhausted.


The immediate fam.  L-R: Jeff, Mike, Tabitha, mother-in-law Ruth, Shannon, father-in-law Tim, moi and Tim aka TJ aka Tigger.  hehe..he's gonna kill me.

That's pretty much all of us.  There were a few missing.  Maybe they're camera shy?  I don't know what that is personally.  

I have to tell a quick & funny story.  After the funeral and committal ceremony everyone was invited back to the church for some food.  Grandpa Fitch was making his way around the room.  He loves to visit with people and is constantly ministering even in his pain.  He made his way over to our table and started telling stories.  By the way, never interrupt Grandpa when he's telling a story.  Listen politely and nod your head laughing when appropriate.  I've never made this mistake but others have and he will put you in your place.  Quite funny to see.  Anyway, he started to tell a story of a woman and how he went to her funeral.  His speech became sad and then he said "oh wait, it wasn't her funeral, it was her birthday!  Well, she's 90.  She should be dead anyway".  I about fell out of my chair!  Snorts abounded after that and I couldn't stop.  

Tim and I did get to see other family while up north.  Some of my family was gathered at my aunt's house for my cousin Erin's birthday.  Warning: cuteness below and lots of pictures.


Yummy bday cake with little terds on it.


My cousin Erin and her daughter Ava.  With that many candles you need a helper :)


Someone acted like they'd NEVER cut cake before.  Believe me, this family loves cake.


YUM!


I think as a mother you must never be able to open presents in peace. 


Baby Landon.  He was a ham.


Ava with Uncle Andrew.  Isn't it weird to be called an uncle?




A genius in the making.  As Emily commented, "I bet he won't have any problems stacking the tupperware correctly."  This must be an issue in their household.


I always loved having my hair french braided and always wanted to learn how to do it.  I never did but love to watch it being done.

We also visited our friend Courtney.  Courtney was one of Tim's best men and I've known Courtney for almost as long as I've known Tim.  He made us a wonderful stew for dinner and of course the cameras came out.  He's an amazing photographer so if you live in Ohio/PA call him.  That's not a request, it's a demand but in a nice loving tone.  Check out his work on Flickr.  Now.  He feeds my narcissism.  There were a ton of photos taken and currently he's working on edits for a wedding he shot so as soon as he can he'll work on the photos he took during our mini shoot. 

My Thai Paparazzo



photo.php.jpg

One of the shots he took.  I love it!


The trip was bittersweet and we had a good time but there's no place like home.  Especially when you come back to this.



I had to include these.  It's necessary.  Don't argue with me.  It'll be futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment